Wednesday 28 March 2007

Lunch with Tina Gaudoin, Roland Mouret, Jonathan Saunders and Todd Lynn - the event!


Oh what a lunch! Today I dined with some of the darlings of British fashion. Roland Mouret, Jonathan Saunders and Todd Lynn, not to mention Tina Goudoin who is just lovely!

To say I was in awe of them would be an understatement. It was nerve wracking to get out the door and into a taxi to Home House. But once there they immediately set me at ease. And Madonna walked in just after me!

Roland is the most charming of French men - the type that makes you want beg God to make him straight, but alas not... I'm still in love though! Todd and Jonathan are both so unaffected by their success and the most down to earth gentlemen. Todd has a lovely soft Canadian accent while Jonathan has a lovely Scottish sound that makes Australian girls weak in the knees.

The conversation was easy and ranged from Madonna, Kate, Anna W, Vic and Dave's place, Elton's place and other people you might have heard of. We discussed surrealist art and dance (well, I just listened!), had a great gossip about fashion and analysed what creates design envy in each of them (Roland is jealous of Jonathan's prints naturally).

Now I'm on a post lunch high! I wonder if they'll remember me in 12 months time? Something tells me that they are the type of guys who would. Let's hope so anyway.

No comments: