Thursday 25 October 2007

In love with a bag, at last

Unlike my friend Jackie, who buys a new handbag a month, I've never been into handbags unless they are really quirky (like the Tata-Naka purse bag), and especially not big name designer handbags. I tend to shun them because they're so overhyped. But then I saw the Chloe Heloise... All is lost. I'm in bag love. I just have to have it. I think it's the combination of being oversized with lovely big straps that can be worn over your shoulder. But the most important thing is the colour. The bold orange is just so wonderful that I want to have it sitting in my wardrobe so I can look at it adoringly and match it will just black for winter.

I'm not sure what my chances of getting one are though. I've been calling the NY store for the past few hours and it constantly rings out. With all the publicity it's getting I'm sure the waiting list is already closed. But maybe I'll get lucky!

Update 30 October: Tried to get the bag in the NYC store but they sold out just two days ago. That's what I get for diddle daddling... Oh well, wasn't meant to be!

Update 1 November: Received a phone call from Chloe and guess what - they had a return. I'm now the proud owner of the above bag. It's so beautiful and bright. Can't wait to wear it out tomorrow!

No comments: