Tuesday 23 October 2007

How to wear my new winter coat

Earlier this year I bagged a bargain at a Fashion Forward sale*. I got the most amazing AW07 padded, belted, floor length Missoni coat in a lovely light grape with very bright lining. At under £200, it really was a bargain, and current season too. Another shopper thew a proper tantrum after repeatedly trying to steal it off my rail so my friend and I had to take turns looking after it until it was safely paid for. I thought it would be perfect for the bitter NYC winters. Little did I know I was going to fall pregnant!

I thought I was going to have to wait another whole season before I could wear it. Then I saw this advertisement in a magazine. What a great idea! The belt of my coat will easily fit over the top of the bump leaving the rest open. The bump might get a little cold, but I'll just wear a really big scarf underneath that can nicely sit under the belt as well. Winter coat problem solved!

*Fashion Forward is a fabulous concept. It's a sample sale but with current season stock. Most other sample sales are past season stock or leftovers that no one else wanted, but Fashion Forward sell off the samples that showrooms' use to sell the next season's collection. For example, the sales being held now are for the Spring/Summer 08 stock. Fabulous!

1 comment:

Rose Weber said...

Hello maate great blog post