Wednesday 6 February 2008

Meet the red sole man

I alway check out shoes of a well dressed woman. To me a shoe completes the outfit and often makes it work. I've been known to create a full outfit around a pair of shoes, and from customer queries, I know you do too. So what do you think when you see the flash of red on the sole of a shoe? Are you immediately envious? Do you think victim? Celebrity follower? Personally, I prefer to let the style be more conspicuous and leave people wondering where I got my fabulous treads.

At the Saks sale in July I tried on a lovely pair of white pumps by Christian Louboutin. They were agony to walk in, even with my well adjusted feet. While I adore fashion, I don't believe that beauty means suffering so I left them on the shelf and will stick with sexy sandals from Gil Carvalho, Jenne O and Camilla Staerk.

But those of you in New York who are fans can meet the man behind the instantly recognisable red sole at Saks on 7 February between 4-7pm on the brand new shoe floor. Personally I couldn't brave the crowds, but if you're into that, it should be quite an event!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think those shoes are great, vibrant and interesting!