Tuesday 5 May 2009

Book review: Lowboy by John Wray


Source: Amazon

Normally if I read a book review I don't read the book. They tend to spoil the plot for me. I prefer to start a book with only a vague idea of what the book is about. Lowboy was different. I read the review in the New Yorker and was intrigued.

The after reading the NYMag's review I knew I had to read it.I can't really add much to the fabulous reviews out there but to say that there is a subtle twist towards the end that it brilliant. The book is simply written and gripping. Apparently Wray wrote the whole book on the subway!

I was a touch confused about the ending and had to reread the last couple of pages a few times but after reading this review I now understand. Highly recommend it for your next book club - it's an easy page turner!


No comments: