Friday 4 January 2008

Sex and the City Movie Official Trailer

When I moved to New York in June 07 I think I was the only female in my age group who had not seen a single episode of SATC.

But when I moved here I bought the full box set and between working (I promise!) I watched the whole thing.

While I thought that some of the outfits were a little iffy, I did like most of Carrie's and many of Samantha's, but in a Dallas kind of way. It did actually spark my interest in vintage and I went out and bought a few overpriced vintage dresses which I love so much.

It seems that the movie has already inspired some trends, the most notable the over the knee socks that I seem to see everywhere in Manhattan now. Nothing like a bit of inspiration.

With the movie due in cinemas in May, now is the time to book your flight and hotel to New York for a pilgramage to the home of Sex And The City.

2 comments:

SV said...

Nice to know not everyone that has anything to do with style is obsessed with SATC - outfits and all the rest. Question for you -- what did you think of Carrie (not just her clothes)...is she stylish? a role model (in any way)? does she have an attractive personality?

Nicole said...

She is certainly influential and I do like most of what she wears. Some of it was just plain ugly though. Practically no one in NYC dresses like that and it's hard for the majority of people to go anywhere that requires more than jeans! Shame really. It would be so lovely to be able to dress up in proper cocktail dresses regularly.