Monday 2 March 2009

Back to London

Source: Vogue

After a brief nearly 2 year stint in New York, I'm now back in London. While I'll miss the many beautiful friends I've made there, it's great to be back in London where Brittique is based and really get back into things.

I arrived back in the Ol' Blightly just in time for London Fashion Week. With the great coverage you get online these days, there's hardly a point to waiting out the incredible delays, sore feet and elbowing to get to shows. But one show I couldn't miss was Louise Amstrup's. I'm such a huge fan of her textured, high quality tailoring. And I've written here ad nauseam about the incredible fit - it really should be tried.

Louise Amstrup's AW09 collection did not disappoint and Vogue liked it too. It had a slightly harder feel with a more structured shape to the jackets and lots of leather details. Her print for the season is a black and white swirl with vibrant hints of fluro yellow and orange - perfect for accessorising with bright shoes and bags. As usual my only disappointment is that I can't wear the collection now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the UK!