Monday 29 January 2007

Model Joy!

For some reason I absolutely detest photo shoots. From casting models, organising photographers, hair and makeup artists, stylists, studios and then the logistics of getting things there and then back panicking that the models are going to get makeup on clothing etc etc.

Last week I had a very funny, in hindsight, experience. I was testing with a new photographer and really wanted to have a couple of great models. So I organised castings and saw about 30 models the week before. I selected the amazing Claudia (who you can see a little of in the photo here) for the morning and then a Russian model for the afternoon.

Unfortunately due to diary conflicts I didn't get a chance to meet the Russian but her photos and model card were amazing and the photographer, Sam, makeup artist, Lorenzo, and I were really excited to be working with her - she was 5'11, size 8-10, blonde shortish hair with lovely clear skin.


So we had the shoot with Claudia in the morning which went really well. She was so professional to work with even in our little cold studio. Then the Russian arrived. As she walked in the door we could not hide the surprise from our faces. In walked a spotting, chubby, 5'7, girl who looked like she'd never modeled in her life. It was incredible.

Noticing our clear shock she immediately pulled out her portfolio trying to convince us that she was the same person. We decided that maybe the camera was kind to her. After Lorenzo trying his utmost for 90 minutes to transform this girl, Sam took a few shots and it was clear that she was anything but a model. And also, none of my lovely size 10 clothes fit her...

I had to be the meany and tell her that it wasn't working out. Then she was in tears telling me she would lose weight and I had to say it wasn't just the weight but the fact that she lied about everything wasting everyones time not to mention money. In the end Sam, Lorenzo and I had a good laugh about it. But it wasn't a laughing matter at the time.

Now I'm really looking forward to my next photo shoot...

No comments: