Wednesday 17 January 2007

Organics are not just for breakfast


I know this blog is about fashion, but lately I've been as concerned about what I'm putting on my face as I am about what I put in my mouth. We eat organic food, drink filtered water and get our oxygen fix at the Selfridges oxygen bar (is that there anymore?), but what about our skin, hair and nails? They absorb the chemicals that you put on them and today many pharmaceuticals are delivered via the skin.
Six months ago I developed an irritation to my usual beauty products which was probably caused by the stress of starting a new business! I looked like a teenager, spots though, not lack of wrinkles unfortunately, it was terrible. I went straight to the beauty section at Harrods and asked for the best of everything they had. After clocking up the ££ on my Amex, I left with a large bag of products. None of it worked and one product actually burnt my skin!
I've started using Miessence just this month, a completely pure chemical free and organic range of beauty products and so far my skin is much better. My hair looks much shinier too and I love the smell of the body lotion. Now hopefully it irons out wrinkles too...

No comments: