Wednesday 16 May 2007

Emma Cook maternity range for Topshop


So many of my friends are pregnant at the moment that it got to the stage that a phone call went like this: "Hi Nicole, I have some news, "oh hi Kate/ Kath/ Kim, you're pregnant aren't you?" "well, yes, how did you know? Am I looking fat?" Must be the age we have suddenly found ourselves at.

These women do seem to struggle to find comfortable, durable and stylish maternity clothing. One friend was so small during the whole pregnancy that she just wore regular clothing a couple sizes larger, but the rest were real and packed on the required pounds.

Emma Cook has also recently given birth to a bouncing bundle of joy which most certainly inspired her range for Top Shop. It's unlikely to cause queues in the street but at least it's for real women unlike the Kate Moss collection.

I love the bubble hem dress and applique pinafore so much that, if I was a Top Shop shopper (which I'm not) I'm wondering if I could get away with it and not be pregnant? The bubble dress possibly.


No comments: