Sunday 10 June 2007

Amazing Preen-esque dress

While browsing through a couple of my fav blogs I came upon this amazing creation by Michelle at KingdomofStyle. She painstakingly created this dress in 13 hours (and has bruised knees to prove it).

While Michelle didn't necessarily come up with the full inspiration for the dress herself and readily admits that it's a Preen/Kane take off, she did put her own take on it with a beautiful result.

In my late teens, early twenties, I spent so much time sewing that in my first ever job I didn't wear the same outfit twice for 9 months. Sadly I had to leave the sewing machine and overlocker safely packed away in storage in London because the US is on a different power wattage and it wouldn't work here. Might be the right time to buy another one.

1 comment:

Asscher Cut Engagement Rings said...

Dress is looking fabulous but with a belt.
Without belt it's not looking good.
Belt is adding entire show to it.