Tuesday 12 June 2007

My fashion binge


Recently I stumbled across a blog called Fashion binge. What a fabulous name for a blog! It actually should be the name of my blog given recent shopping activities. After the Saks binge I did try to stay away from shops. I did have one weak moment at Saks again and walked out with Marc Jacobs cropped denims. Apart from that little slip up I had been on the wagon until my mother came to visit from Australia.

Clearly I inherited the shopping gene from someone and after a day out with my mother I know now it’s from my maternal side.

We hit Century 21 along with the masses. My previous attempt at shopping at this infamous outlet store was aborted prematurely due to overcrowding. It was slightly better on a Saturday. The well stocked shoe department was pure heaven for Mum and I as we tried on numerous stilettos, pumps, sandals and flats. I was relatively restrained and only walked out with a pair of jelly flats and some very practical white leather flip flops. But that wasn’t all. I also got the most unusual heels that are not quite kitten heels but more like bent kitten heels. They are kind of so ugly that I had to have them.

Apart from a cracking deal on a stunning cashmere top I’ve been able to keep my fashion binge in check with a simple strategy of not getting dressed in the morning!

No comments: