Monday 11 June 2007

Spring sales in NYC


The sale season started in NY just in time for my arrival. The $/£ is what put me off shopping when I moved from Sydney to London is now encouraging me.

After lunch with a friend I hit Saks Fifth Avenue. The women in the shoe department were like a swarm of bees. But what do you expect when Christian Louboutin shoes were from $220-$340 – yes ladies, read that and weep! Things really are cheaper Stateside. I tried on the Louboutin’s but despite the hype I found them really uncomfortable. I did walk out with a pair of Marni patent red block heels and Tod’s white loafers.

Then I hit the clothes rails and managed to snap up three dresses I have lusted after for months. The first is the beautiful DvF linen empire line sundress. Second is the very sweet Tibi gingham halter neck dress. Third was the biggest coup yet – the Marni dress I blogged about and had tried to find. Now it is mine and for 30% off. The sales girl was kind enough to tell me that I was lucky that the size 38 came up big enough to fit me. Since when was a size US 4-6/UK 10ish big?? That’s for another post. Despite the insults, I’m so pleased with my dresses and I feel fabulous in them!

No comments: