Thursday 13 December 2007

More creations from my needles

As with anything I do, once I start I get rather obsessive about it. Knitting is no different. I now have so many projects on the go that I'm not sure which one to start - the baby blanket (must complete by 11 Feb) or a beautiful creation for my mum's birthday (must complete by 24 Feb) or a present for a friend's baby (must complete by 8 Feb).

But as I explained before, knitting has become important as a way to spend some "me" time and also as a creative outlet. So let me share with you my two latest creations the Headigan (cardigan for your head) and Calorimetry headband.

The Headigan (a sideways cardigan for your head) was an easy knit but I really needed it! I used Naturally Harmony 10 ply 100% wool. It feels wonderful to wear although I'd prefer it a little longer. But it's my fault for using too small needles.


The next creation is the Calorimetry. I used the same yarn as the Headigan, but made this much smaller so that it's just a headband and ear warmer rather than something that covers most of my head. It's invaluable for my morning walks (or waddles now I'm so huge!) as I like to wear my hair up in a ponytail, something you can't do stylishly with a beanie.


So after all these scarves and hats, you'll be pleased to know that I am doing some "real knitting". Here's a preview of a jumper I'm doing as a Christmas present for the man. So far, so good. It's a long long knit though, but seeing him wear it will be worth every little stitch.

Also on the needles is a baby vest, mittens and colourful socks. More about them later.

When previewing this I noticed that all my knitting is looking really grey. I'll add some colour to future projects.

3 comments:

Liberty London Girl said...

I'm so impressed! I WANT to knit, but the nearest I've ever got was a square for Oxfam, that turned out diamond shaped. Sigh. LLG xx

Helen said...

Love the headigan. Did you work from a pattern?

Helen

Nicole said...

Libertygirl - you should check out The Point on Bedford Street NYC for fab knitting classes. The mix of people is fab!

Helen - I used this pattern: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTcalorimetry.html