Saturday 1 December 2007

Scarf and Snood complete - my neck is warm

Generic Garter Stitch Scarf (17 sts in width) inspired by brooklyntweed
Materials: Noro 'Iro' in shade #113, 2 full hanks Needles: US 10.5

Meet my new scarf. It was a very basic knit that I fell in love with while reading the amazing brooklyntweed blog. I'm actually cyber-stalking a few of his creations like the rest of the knitting blogging world!

This scarf was mostly knitted while on the subway or sitting patiently in my doctor's waiting room. It's good timing actually with the weather in NYC forecast to dip below zero tomorrow and possibly the first snowfall of the season. Yippee! Bring on the snow.

Snood pattern from The Point Knitting Cafe and inspired by Emma Cook's much more shapely and beautiful design.
Materials: Malabrigo gruesa, super thick black, nearly 3 skeins, Needles: US13

The "snood" is the actually the second item I completed but I tried it on and the man laughed at me and said it looked like my head had been bandaged so I didn't sew in the ends and just left it for a couple of weeks.

During my insomnia last night, I decided to finish it. But it didn't look right. So I found this fabulous little flower pattern and knitted the smallest size on US 5 needles and stitched it on. It made all the difference. Now it looks like a cute little cap and scarf. I'm looking forward to wearing it today.

So I'm near finishing off a baby vest (which is so big it might fit my baby next winter!) so I'm having knitters agnst because my next yarn delivery doesn't arrive until Monday and in the meantime I've got nothing left to knit.

No comments: