Friday 31 October 2008

D&G sample saleing

Vest Camilla Staerk, top Mango, scarf Salvatore Ferragamo, bag Chloe, trousers D&G, shoes vintage.

Dress D&G, cardigan Massimo Dutti, scarf Louis Vuitton, shoes vintage.

It's sample sale season. Prada's was a couple of weeks ago, Max Mara was this week as was D&G and Vivienne Westwood starts 10 November. I went along with come colleagues on my consulting job to D&G - WOW! It was cheap. Most items were 90% off. I got this black pencil dress for $127.50 and the tweed distressed trousers for $180. Just fab!

The dress has a patent leather attached belt and a large gold exposed zip up the back - and pockets! I do love a dress with pockets. The trousers have distressed raw seams on the leg and waist. They're uncuffed, a touch short and I think they look great rolled.

While a bit more conservatively dressed than usual, I've been consulting the past couple of weeks. Soon I'll be back to my usual style.

I also bought another denim corset style dress with an attached red patent leather belt and straps. It looked fine while i was fighting to see the mirror in the crowded communal dressing rooms, but i put it on at home and it's SOOO low. The vest nearly extends to my naval and I don't think it's my thing. I'll just write it off as a sample sale mistake. We all have those right?

2 comments:

Sister Wolf said...

You STOLE tht dress! Good job. It looks perfect with the red cardigan. Very chic.

Can you wear the too-low dress and fill the top with jewelry..tons of necklaces or chains to feel less exposed??

Miriam W. Light said...

It is that one of my favorite dress wearing, Sundry and one of my fave mega brands, have united for a capsule collection due out in May. Get excited you guys, cut off jean shorts season is right around the corner. boutiqueken