Thursday 23 October 2008

Did we skip autumn? I'm feeling the bows


I'm not sure about London but here in New York it's FREEZING! Around 8C actually. But it just seemed like a couple of weeks ago that I was sitting out in the park with my little boy in a tank top and shorts. It was actually three weeks ago and now there's salt on the roads and there's a valuable section of my tween-season wardrobe that didn't get an outing once again. Last year my autumn wardrobe stayed in the closet because I was heavily pregnant. This year it's been skipped!

The past weeks I have been consulting with a corporate client on fashion trends. It's a reach back to my banking days and a nice break from being immersed in my own business 24/7. While everyone else walks the hallways in suits, I don't own any so I'm enjoying tapping into a more corporate side of my style, one that hasn't been out in a while.

What I'm finding though is that I'm a bit stuck in a black/white/grey rut. I'm putting in another Brittique.com order tonight to try to rectify this. I'll show you what I purchase. Can't wait!

Sometimes it's incredible how quickly a trend reappears. Today's coat and top both feature large bows at the top. My top is large bow from Louise Amstrup is part of her SS07 collection (there's a story to this top so more on that in a later post) and the coat is by Katarzyna Szczotarska, who unfortunately doesn't seem to be designing anymore. It must be from her AW06 collection. If you read Elle or the ever candid jewellery designer Wendy Brandes' blog, you'll know that bows are definitely here for at least another couple of seasons.

Unfortunately my top and coat have sold out long ago but if you need a quick bow fix Kirribilla have some irresistibly cute dresses coming in the next month featuring bows. I've got my eye on this one. Perfect for your work holiday party, no? I'll pair it with my super sexy brown snake skin shoes and a gold clutch from Ignes.

The black panel skirt is from Louise Amstrup (stunning skirt with a zip right up the back and zipper lined pockets). I did have my Camilla Staerk ankle boots on again, but then I decided the gold buckles clashed with the silver top and skirt zippers to I change to a lovely pair of vintage kitten heels that I stole from my mother's wardrobe. Thanks mum!

1 comment:

WendyB said...

"Candid" is so much better than what I'm usually called ;-)