Friday 24 October 2008

More bows and a sad day for Camilla Staerk UK

I didn't realise I owned so many "bow things" until I snapped my pic this morning wearing this beautiful draped dress from Louise Amstrup and matching red ankle boots from Camilla Staerk. These ankle boots are my absolute favorite pair of shoes so I have them in a number of colours. The heel is just the perfect height - 70mm - and the toe is has the perfect "pointiness". So I was really sad when I read the news that Camilla Staerk will be no more.

Yes I know it's not really Camilla Staerk and the real Camilla Staerk designs under Staerk. But there shoes and garments had a nice feel about the cut and quality. The collections have sold well here on Brittique and I'll be sad to see them go.

Given the current economic conditions this isn't going to be the last time we wish a design house RIP.

No comments: