Tuesday 18 September 2007

Basso & Brooke's stunning prints



The Basso & Brooke SS08 is the first show this season that when I saw the pictures, my heart started beating faster with desire. It is just stunning. I love everything!

The shapes have not really changed that much since the AW07 collection (in our warehouse now!) but the prints are just wonderful. But maybe that's because I love colour. I've never been scared of big prints and bright colours and prefer hot pink, yellows and orange to black. It is these prints that the guys at Basso and Brooke are famous for so it's no wonder that I love it.

Unfortunately I'm not buying the collection this season. They only do their buying appointments in Milan and I can not physically get there which is really unfortunate. I really hope they start to see that the world of fashion does not revolve around Milan and offer appointments in at least one other city.

Here's a five minute interview with Bruno Basso & Christopher Brooke.

4 comments:

Liberty London Girl said...

That's the fucker of them being in bed with Aeffe... Did you see that Sinha Stanic's contract with them has ended tho? I guess their Fashion Fringe contract/prize has run out. Did you see my post a while back on finding an Aeffe consignment at Filene's in Union Sq? - incl B & B's penis print!

Bur back to B&B - bliss. One of the VERY few shows I am GUTTED to be missing. I adore their prints. What fab taste you have!xx

ps Apologies: I thought i had linked to you AGES ago. And I haven't. Very remiss of me. xx

LittleDoodles said...

I thought their prints were spot on, really painterly...just lovely!

Asta Hiippala said...

I like your blog too - I love it that you support young designers!

riz said...

i just found your blog via primavera - i quite like that it's intelligent. It's nice to see fashion blogs that really care about clothes, and are not overly smitten with celebrities and 'outfits' - thank you.