Monday 10 September 2007

Preen in New York




Despite being in New York now, I didn’t get to Preen’s debut American show. It’s a shame they left London, but given the blog inches they’ve been given before and after the show you can understand why.

I did check out the show on vogue.co.uk and I must say that I’m in love. The easy fitting, easy wearing pieces are just so floaty and beautiful. I can imagine walking down Fifth Avenue with the flowing silk brushing against my legs. These flowing styles that belt in at the waist are just perfect for curvy girls like me as well as the more straight-up-and-down figures because they add a waist.

Also fabulous in this show was the model's hair. It's a nice change from overstyled hair. That messy and yet sleek waves is the look I aspire to - or rather what happens when I don't blow dry my hair, although mine has a bit more of a "fly-away" look that I'm waiting to come into style. Doubt it will ever catch on here in New York though, the girls always look like they step from a salon each morning!

I’m looking forward to the buying appointment and I’ve already had customers emailing asking to be put on the waiting list for specific pieces. So if there is anything you want, please let me know now!

My favorites are the yellow silk shirt dress. This colour is just beautiful as is the stunning blue also featuring in this collection. The white jumpsuit also looks so fun in a "scrubs" kind of way. It reminds me of when I bought a white cotton coat and met some friends for brunch. Everyone asked if I had a new job at a hospital! Finally the white tulip shaped frock coat is just so Preen and I'm already lusting after it. Not sure that white is such a great option though, it will probably spend as much time at the dry cleaners as it will on me. I'll wait to see what other colour options they offer.


No comments: