Sunday 4 February 2007

Secret Sample Sale Spree


Bored with working 24/7 a friend Anne and I decided to hit the Secret Sample Sale at the Truman Brewery on Brick Lane.

Having been to so called designer sales before, I wasn't expecting much, but it was a nice opportunity to catch up with Anne having not seen her in a while. What a pleasant surprise we had! On first inspection there wasn't all that much by the way of bags and shoes. There were some nice Gucci ballet pumps but they were reduced to £150 from £299 and still didn't seem like a huge enough discount for me to justify.

I then started flicking through the clothes and my oh my! I fell in love with Katarzyna Szczotarska. Her dresses were stunning and so different. I bought two (the grey tunic with white collar and shaped shift below shown with the Camilla Staerk hip belt). I also bought a lovely coat with a big bow detail (below). As soon as I tried them on I knew I wanted everything.

During my SS07 buying, I actually went to visit Katarzyna Szczotarska and saw her collection. But unfortunately it was my last appointment and my budget had already been allocated. Having seen the way her cut just fits I will be paying them another visit for my AW07 buying.

Also on the list is a purple wool sack dress by Pia Hallstrom and another two sack styled dresses from Bluestone. It was all in the name of research naturally!

One thing that all the dress I bought have in common is that they are sack dresses! Which means that my non-fashion forward friends will be asking me "When's it due?".












No comments: