Friday 16 February 2007

The shows conclude

Day 5 and the last days of shows for me. The day started with a buying appointment for Lou Lou and Law and Marios Schwab shoes (made by Scorah Pattullo coming soon to Brittique.com). I was supposed to buy Hussain too but another buyer was making the poor model try on every outfit in all colourways! So I'll go back another day for that.

Lou Lou and Law (yep, Jude Law's sister!) is a range of lovely jersey tee's and tops but they have also added a great range of Merino wool jumpers with either shoes or a bikini clad body. Really sweet.

My last show for the season was Tata Naka. I do love their romantic style and this season was no exception. Their horseshoe print is gorgeous and I'll also be buying the large horseshoe gold pendants. Although I doubt the more superstitious amongst us will be wearing an upside down horseshoe!

I then had a buying appointment with Emma Cook and Peter Jensen at the sweet shop/PR offices of Cube. I really loved both collections. Peter Jensen's had moved from the preppy look of SS07 to a darker look with bird patterned prints and lovely jersey and cord pieces. Emma Cook's collection was also heavy on cord with beautiful pinafore and smock dresses. Of course she her signiture applique was present and I've ordered a lovely jersey dress with a leaf design around the neck.

The next appointment was with Georgina Goodman. Lovely lovely lovely slouchy boots and some really sexy killer heels in black and gold. She also has a range of ballet slippers which I will order. I found that I really am missing flat shoes for AW06 so I'll add more to the orders going forward. I personally walk everywhere and as a result live in flats.

I then had the pleasure of meeting with Hamish Morrow. He is always so nice and pleasant and a joy to meet. The padded vests and jackets I spoke about yesterday where even more beautiful in real life. I had to order them in four different styles. Maybe I'm crazy doing that, but I really wanted to wear all four styles for different occasions and I'm sure my shoppers will too. I love his relaxed luxury sports feel to his designs and am looking forward to receiving the rest of my SS07 order from him next week.

Last for the evening was the Camilla Staerk party. I was shattered by this stage and met with Jackie (editor of our soon to be launched ezine) for a quick roundup of where we were at with the magazine. She's done such a huge amount of work on it and it's so exciting to see it there in the flesh.

We arrived at the party 10 minutes early expecting to be first, but there were already groups of people there eagerly awaiting the video presentation. We chatted away with sales manager Kay and then with designer, Roger. Jackie is writing about the label for the magazine so she asked a few questions.

The party was held in this massive St James house (I saw a sign on a door saying Room 35!) that was partway through renovation. Roger told us that this will be the new CS DK Ltd UK headquarters and soon they will move from their shoreditch studio to this St James mansion. I was flabbergasted at the thought of the ££millions that it took to buy and then renovate. Wow! Wow! Wow! Wonder if they want to invest in an online retailer???

The video presentation was fantastic. Beautifully done and starring Joshua the Raven. I met the fashion editor of Danish Costume magazine and thanked her for featuring Brittique in their January edition. She was really sweet and even bought a pair of shoes from me (need to deliver them today). It was a lovely night and a lovely conclusion to my LFW for this season. Now back to some form of normality!

2 comments:

Abigail A. Percy said...

Great coverage of the shows!...lovely to see :)

Anonymous said...

i love tata naka. this is the 2nd time i have come upon them in the blogging world. and those particualr boots! i want them. i like the items you chose for Brittique, especially the watch bangles.

ok i have said too many good things now ;)