Wednesday 14 February 2007

The shows must go on

Day four of LFW and day two of shows for me. First up I met with Susie for the Roksanda Ilincic show. It was fantastic! Sorry for the blurry photo, but this was my fav of the bunch, a lovely silk wrap shirt dress. I will certainly try to set up a buying appointment with them.


After that I sneaked onto the press bus and travelled out to Lords cricket ground for the Preen show. I now understand why people wear sunglasses at shows, my head was aching after the lights in that place. It was so bright!

Sitting across from me was the trio of power!



I enjoyed the Preen show. Not a huge amount had changed since last season though and I even saw some of the same trousers as last year. There were a couple of trapeze shape coats that really grabbed me, especially in hot pink - stunning!

After a quick lunch break I went back to the exhibition and chatted with a few designers such as Sheryl May. Her new AW07 collection features some really cute dresses. First I loved the tunic style dress with the painted necklaces and jewels, so clever! Also the vintage tunic that's made from the real heavy jersey that proper vintage dresses come in. It also features a fur bodice.

Shoes have been selling really well on Brittique.com so I'm quite keen to extend the range. I met with Patrick and Anna at Gil Carvalho and selected some new styles. I'm loving their deep reds with gold trim.

The Hamish Morrow show was next on the agenda. It was a safe and solid collection and I'm loving his use of padded fabrics to create jackets and dresses. It adds a new meaning to duvet days!



After a buying appointment with Aei:Kei (loving her floral print with purple and mustard!) it was the Basso and Brooke show. Stunning as always I took Maria from Ignes Bags and she really enjoyed herself.


At first I thought Basso & Brooke had strayed from their signature bright prints with more demure colours coming out on the catwalk. But soon enough the brights apearred with a stunning geometric digital print. Can't wait to see the collection in Milan on 7 March.


Maria and I spent the next couple of hours chatting away with Brett at Wilbur & Gussie and drinking complimentary beer! Maria and I laughed later that we don't normally drink beer but it was fun.


The finale for the day was Julia Clancey's first show. After fighting the usual battle to get in, we were ushered to the front row. I sat next to the wonderful Rafael, joint founder of Iqons, the networking site for fashion. He wasn't the usual "too cool for school" type that I imagined and was really chatty and happy to meet up to discuss ways we can work together. I was on such a high after meeting him!


Julia's show was fabulous. Her style has really evolved from the Grecian style babydoll dresses of the past into the flapper style party dresses in the AW07 collection. There were so many dresses I loved and a few that I'd love to wear for my special dinner on Monday night. I might giver her a call...


Throughout the show Maria and I had photographers papping us. When the show finished they all started running over. I had no idea what was going on until someone informed me that it was Lady Victoria Hervey. She was sitting right next to Maria and we had no idea until the end. However, I'm not one who values celebrities and prefer not to acknowledge them but I appreciate that they can help bolster a designer's brand by being a their show.

Now I have a confession - I love goodie bags! I know it's terrible, but if there are some left at the end I do grab them on the way out. Well it would be a waste to just leave them there wouldn't it?

No comments: